We are currently accepting applications for the months of April, May and June 2019. Beginning on the 1st of each month and ending on the last day of the month.
Free to enter. Open to all!
Deadline for applications: 28th of February 2019
The recipients of the residency will be announced on the 6th of March
How to enter:
Email us on email@example.com with the following:
1. A couple of sentences on what you plan to make during your time on the residency. (100 words max)
2. How would the residency benefit you? (100 words max)
3. How many days per week you would be able to commit to the studio during your time on the residency?
4. A brief outline of your practice. (100 words max)
5. A list of artists you hope to connect with in London
6. A selection of 6 images of your work. (either via email or WeTransfer)
7. If you have a website or an Instagram account please attach links.
8. Your preferred month/s. (e.g. 1st choice June, 2nd April, unable to do May)
9. Please write ‘PLOP Residency Spring’ as the subject line of your email.
We have set up an automated email to let you know that we have received your application. If you have not received a confirmation email within 72 hours please contact us again.
Based in Soho, London. (Just a 5 minute walk from Oxford Circus Station and a 9 minute walk from Piccadilly Circus Station)
Open 24 hours. All day everyday.
There are three 15m2 studios on a self contained floor.
The studios have windows and are well ventilated
The studios are located on the third floor. (Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access in the building)
There is a large communal ‘Project Space’ in the building next to the Studios that the artists can use to document their work or to develop a more ambitious piece.
The ‘Project Space’ can also be used to host an ‘End of Residency Show’. However there is no obligation to exhibit the works made during the residency.
The studios are currently being renovated in time for our April launch!
Each artist will donate one artwork to our Patron who is funding the residency.
Duration of days for the residency: 1 month
Number of spaces per month : 3
We have allocated our budget towards incredible Central London studios and tuition. Unfortunately we will not be providing accommodation, expenses or air travel.